Required skills, knowledge and experience
The Townsville Hospital and Health Board considers skills and expertise in the areas listed below as highly desirable for a member or Chair:
- Front line Clinician
- Local to Townsville HHS region and/or local expertise in consumer and community health knowledge
- Chartered Accountant/CPA
- Media relations and Marketing
- Strategic ICT
Other skills, knowledge or experience that may be required as set out in the legislation include (but are not limited to):
- Expertise in Health management
- Expertise in Business management
- Expertise in Financial management
- Expertise in Industrial management
- Expertise in Human Resource management
- Clinical expertise and Clinician
- Legal expertise
- Primary healthcare skills, knowledge and experience
- Consumer and community health knowledge
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons and associated Community Health issues
We strongly encourage First Nations people, women, people with expertise in multiculturalism, young people and people with disabilities to apply.
Board Members are key leaders in their local communities. They fulfil important internal governance obligations in relation to the oversight of HHS operations and will often represent the HHS at meetings, events and community activities. These additional activities may occur outside standard business hours.
The geographical areas of Hospital and Health Services are large and additional time commitment may be required by Board Members to accommodate travel to local communities and facilities. This is particularly the case for HHSs located in regional areas.
The approximate time commitment for these positions is five days per fortnight for Chairs and three days per fortnight for Members.
Further information regarding Townsville HHS is available: www.health.qld.gov.au/townsville/default.asp
For more information on how to apply please download the Applicant Information Pack.
Return to Landing page