ABOUT THE ROLE
Location: Forster, NSW
Salary: $95,000 – $101,000 + Superannuation + Salary Packaging
The Area Manager plays the integral role of ensuring an integrated range of services is provided that support vulnerable families, individuals and children to live in a permanent, safe and stable environment. The role will be based in Forster but will work across several locations as services evolve. This will include Gloucester, Forster, Maitland, Mayfield, and possibly Singleton and Muswellbrook. The role is responsible for the management of the Brighter Futures Program, Family Preservation Program, Renewing Pathways Project, services funded by the Primary Health Network, Targeted Early Intervention programs, community programs and other programs as the service evolves. The role also requires a good understanding of the new permanency support legislation and how that interacts with family preservation priorities. The Area Manager will be responsible for ensuring Earlier Interventions and Permanency Support options are understood and delivered with the child at the centre and with a key focus on safety, permanency and wellbeing.
· Tertiary qualifications in social welfare, child or family services or a related discipline or
significant experience working at leadership level in child protecion or OOHC;
· Demonstrated leadership skills including staff supervision, support and development,
conflict resolution and change management;
· Experience working with Parents and Families with a high commitment to child inclusive
· Sound understanding and experience of case management for vulnerable families and
· Highly developed communication skills including demonstrated skills in professional
consultation, interagency liaison, report writing and verbal communication;
· Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks;
· A proven commitment to quality management, confidentiality and ethical practice;
· Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
· Strong affinity with and an understanding of Aboriginal Culture especially in relation to
family and child protection issues.
– National Police Check
– Working With Children’s Check
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call 0421 205 113.